I wasn't sure where to post this so please forgive me and feel free to move it if necessary

I just read an article about sexuality and EDs:http://www.mirror-mirror.org/sex.htm

I had read a lot of the information before. I know that EDs can cause loss of libido and a loss of connection with ones body, poor body image, etc.

I've been thinking that I was asexual for many years - I date and experience romantic attraction, but have no desire to have sex. I endured long term abuse as a child as well as a recent assault. Most people that I talk to think that I don't want to have sex because of that. I have had an eating disorder for most of my life, so I wonder if I never experienced sexual desire because of that? I'm just so uninterested by sex and don't want to have it. I've never had that kind of physical or even mental feeling. Has anyone else had this experience (where you feel that you're asexual?) I'm wondering how common it is with EDs? Has anyone had it turn around in recovery?

Since I do have romantic attraction, part of me doesn't want to be truly asexual because it'd be so much easier. It's hard to find a relationship where the other person also does not want to have sex. I could (gladly) go my whole life without it if it wasn't for that. Maybe that's why I'm trying to blame it on ED. I'm just wondering if anyone else is going through the same.